Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Caz chilling in Goa.

Hello dear ones back home and around the world.I don't know if this is going to work but will see.
My journey so far has gone so smoothly apart from missing my flight from Toronto to London that is.Spaced out the time so slept in the airport and got the first flight in the morning having had a great few days with Erin and Kili and got to see both homes on Toronto island which is wonderful and in town which is also a great find.Thanks you both for making me so welcome.
I was only in England 8 days so it went far too fast,so its a good job i am going back there on route home. All was well with the familly when i left and it was lovely to see everyone..
Arrived in Mumbai and thank heavens I stayed in Colabar by the water and easy to get to places. It took 1&1/2 hrs to get to my hotel from the airport and the traffic is compleatly mad.
Unimaginable.I was in culture shock for the first week. Could not believe how filthy India is.
However I can now see beyond that and the people make up for it.They are incredably helpful and kind.
I enjoyed Mumbai,especialy going to Leopols cafe the famous Shantaram place.I fell upon it by accident and amazingly the bullet holes from the terrorist are still there in the front window.
The place was heaving so obviosly it didn't damage business.
Went to a great sufi concert one night in a beautiful tropical park which again I just happened upon.I didn't do alot there as it was so hot and so crazy busy but I did get to Elephant island
to the caves which was worth the trip.and great to be away from the city.
Then went to Puna which is another crazy busy city.Checked out the Osho scene but was not drawn to stay.
Now in Goa its hard to think of moving on as I love my place here on Anjuna beach.
Making lots of friends and loving the sun the ocean the food and the chill vibe.Lots of interesting people from all over the world and some on amazing journeys.
I will stay at least another week befor going to the south beaches on the way to Kerala.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caz, Looked at the web pics of Anjuna beach..."nudes on spectacular golden sand with palms"...can see you there! Love our vicarious holiday with you. Are the back-pack and hat serving you well? Love Janet & Max XXX

    ReplyDelete