Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 11th Leaving Goa.

Its been a while since I could get to this.Ive had a few health problems, Bronchitus and gall bladder trouble that put me in the hospital for 24hrs. Luckily it was a private hospital here in Palolem and they took great care of me. Apparently I have sludge in my gall bladder.If I eat anything greasy I throw up. Well guess what everything here is greasy so I am on fruit and yogut at the moment and feeling good eating less. I know it was the falafels and chips I had Christmas eve that started it. Christmas day was not fun .Anyway enough of that.
I have been in Palolem for nearly a week now.Its a long palm fringed beach full of beach huts and shack resturants. The tourist season is only 4 months and I was amazed to learn that they build everything each year and take it down again at the end of the season because of the monsoon.
Takes a month to build. Most of the season workers come from up north from villages.I really like village people.They are so sweet. I stayed in an up market beach hut resort as it was worth it to me to pay more for clean. There are lots of middle class Indians who have too much spare cash who come to the beaches now and they are all overweight and drink like fish and make fools of themselves.This is where India is going I'm afraid. Worst is they treat these lovely kind waiters like shit. It's the new money from Bangalore.
I had several vistors in my room. Tree frogs. They would jump off the palm trees a wait for me in my bathroom untill I get home in the evening and I'd jump out my skin. Found 4 frogs in two nights.
Ive had my fill of Goa now and heading south after visiting lots of beaches in the state looking for a clean one. No chance.When you are sick you really want clean.
I rented a scooter for a couple of days which was fun. Its the perfeact thing for getting around here. I love to be mobile and got to check out other beaches near by. Lots of lovely palm trees and warm water but lots of crap too. I can imagine how beautiful it must have been a few years ago. However the weather is marvelous and I have aclimatised so its not even too hot anymore.
So I will be in Gokarna tonight and then on to Kerala. More from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment